The first Italian software for genealogical and historical studies
The first Windows software with a tree structured database
The first software with the groups and the linked events
Available on the net from April 1999
A tree composed by Genealogia (Save it to process the tree)
File Supriani.Ged (3MB with pictures, Italian version)
- GEDCOM compatible, submitted to the FHD of the LDS
- Works with all the 128 tags of the GEDCOM 5.5 standard
- Controls the characteristics of the GEDCOM file
- Import in GEDCOM format
- Export in GEDCOM format (Registered version)
- Exceptional ability to visualize the familiar relations thanks to the possibility to move among several the types of tree
- Possibility to collect images and sounds and all the multimedia files
- Visualization and insertion of the information with free outline. Create your own structure for the information without the restrictions of the usual windows
- Insert embedded or linked data
- Linked events
- Definition of the groups
- Write the history of one family inserting the facts of the official history
- Calendar of the recurrences of the family
- Print the trees inserting images (Registered version)
- Multiple previews of the tree to print
- Management of the back up and the recovery of the multimedia files. Indispensable importing GEDCOM files with objects
- Functions for the search, for the control of the coherence of the dates and the validity of the connections
- Abilities to refine a search adding ulterior conditions
- Delete from the archives the results of a search
- Partial export of archives
- Imports the headings, the senders and the descriptions of the content of the GEDCOM files
- Connects the individuals and the families to the senders of the files
- At the moment of the insertion or the modification of a data, it proposes the catalogue of all previous data in all the archives
- Uses the Muslim, Hebrew, Julian, Gregorian and French revolutionary calendar
- Order children, spouses, parents and all data
- Repair archives
- Direct import-export without GEDCOM
- Custom file commander, process many files at once
- Max field size 1.000.000.000 chars
- Spell and grammar check
- Printing with PowerPoint (Registered version)
- ANSI, ANSEL and UTF-8 import
- ANSI and UTF-8 export
- Find function with parameters
Download version 5.7.1151 (3.6 MB) from this site
To have more speed download with
The Genealogia software for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP is free but with some limitation in the use regarding the registered version.
No GEDCOM export
No tree printing
We are looking for testers write to us.
- All versions: Internet Explorer 4+, file Arialuni.ttf (optional), Microsoft Word (optional), PowerPoint (optional)
- Windows 95 : Office 2000 or DCOM95 + MDAC 2.1 (or DCOM95 + MDAC 2.5)
- Windows 98 first edition: Office 2000 or MDAC 2.1 (or MDAC 2.5)
- Windows N.T. 4 or less: Office 2000+ or MDAC 2.1 (or MDAC 2.5)
- Windows 98 SE, ME, XP: nothing to add
- Windows 2000, Windows 2003: nothing to add
The tree of the information
The GEDCOM standard defines an elevated number of labels (tags) for the cataloguing of the events and the details. It is also defined which labels can be connected among them. The number of the possible combinations is very high (virtually infinite). This situation generates some problems in the import of the GEDCOM files and in the successive visualization.
We suppose to import a GEDCOM from a program that allows inserting an image relative to a document, (a sampling executed with the scanner). To the tag of document (SOUR) will be connected the tag of the image (OBJE).
Importing this information with a program, that manages only images of individuals, this part of the information will go lost.
This situation is common, since the programs, normally, do not use all the tags of the standard and, still less, they use all the possible connections among them.
A problem exists linked to the use of the windows with boxes for the insertion and the modification of the information.
These windows would have to become very large and complex for being able to view all the tags and their connections.
Genealogia takes advantage of a not usual solution, considers a tree also the information.
This particular approach concurs to import any structure of the information proposed from the originating program and to modify it to pleasure.
We suppose of having created a new individual, and to have assigned the name.
In the tree of the information, acting with the right button of the mouse on the code of the individual, we can add an event, as an example a sacerdotal ordering. Acting again, with the right button of the mouse on the event, we can refine it with a place and with an image of the same event.
We can also proceed beyond, attributing to the image a reference to the book (source) from which the image has been draft and connecting the source to the archives in which it is conserved.
You can 'carve' the information.
- Code individual
- Multimedia object
- The archives
The page of Genealogia
Updated 20 October 2012.